OAISC Peer Advisor Program
OAISC Peer Advisor Program
Peer Advisors assist students who have been notified by OAISC for an alleged policy violation, promote awareness, and provide education about the Student Conduct and Academic Integrity Process.
Schedule a Meeting with a Peer Advisor
Unsure how to respond to your Notification Letter? Peer Advisors can help! The Peer Advisor’s role is to help, assist, and support the student. They do not act as a spokesperson, advocate, or defense counsel for the student.
Schedule a meeting here.
Students can schedule a meeting with an Academic Integrity & Student Conduct Peer Advisor upon receiving a Notification Letter from the Office of Academic Integrity & Student Conduct. During this meeting, the Peer Advisor may assist with the following:
- Explain the Notification Letter
- Explain the Administrative Meeting process
- Explain the standard of evidence used in investigations
- Provide an overview of the possible sanction options
- Explain the Student Conduct Review Board process (if applicable)
- Explain the Academic Integrity Review Board process (if applicable)
- Explaining the appeals process (if applicable)
- Inform the student of campus resources to help them navigate the conduct process
Meet Your Peer Advisors
Hi! My name is Chloe and I am one of the Peer Advisors for this year! As a memeber of the AISC team, I am looking forward to our campus outreach programs and helping students learn more about our office as well as the many resources we offer. Hope to see you this year!
I’m an incoming fourth year Neurobiology major and Film and Media Studies minor. I really enjoy watching films, listening to music, and reading. I’m very excited to be a peer advisor! I look forward to helping guide students and working with the staff in our office to help reach out to students and continue to make an impact here.
The Peer Advisors are available to present workshops to promote understanding of the Academic Integrity & Student Conduct processes! You can request a workshop on academic integrity and student conduct in general, specifically academic integrity, specifically student conduct, or specifically the Digital Milennium Copyright Act (pertaining to copyright infringement such as illegal file-sharing). You can request a Peer Advisor Workshop by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the past, Peer Advisors have presented to the following groups:
- Passport to Leadership
- Greek Life
- Student Housing
- The Hill (UCI Bookstore)
- Cross-Cultural Center
Closed for 2019-2020 School Year
Peer Advisors play a key role in the academic integrity and student conduct processes! If you are interested in making a difference in the campus community, passionate about the values of community, integrity, and education, and looking to get great experience in communication and leadership, consider applying to be a Peer Advisor. Benefits of being a Peer Advisor include:
- Networking with campus partners
- Improving communication skills with students, faculty, and staff
- Mastering time management and adminstrative skills
- Gaining public speaking experience