Peer Advisor Program
Peer Advisor Program
Peer Advisors assist students who have been notified by the Office of Academic Integrity & Student Conduct for an alleged policy violation, and they promote awareness and provide education about the Student Conduct and Academic Integrity processes to students and campus partners.
Unsure how to respond to your Notification Letter? Peer Advisors can help! The Peer Advisor’s role is to help, assist, and support the student. They do not act as a spokesperson, advocate, or defense counsel for the student.
Schedule a meeting here.
Students can schedule a meeting with an Academic Integrity & Student Conduct Peer Advisor upon receiving a Notification Letter from the Office of Academic Integrity & Student Conduct. During this meeting, the Peer Advisor may assist with the following:
- Explain the Notification Letter
- Explain the Administrative Meeting process
- Explain the standard of evidence used in investigations
- Provide an overview of the possible sanction options
- Explain the Student Conduct Review Board process (if applicable)
- Explain the Academic Integrity Review Board process (if applicable)
- Explaining the appeals process (if applicable)
- Inform the student of campus resources to help them navigate the conduct process
2018-2019 Peer Advisors
Hi, my name is Teresa and I’m currently majoring in Law, Criminology, and Society & Education. I love spending time outdoors, engaging in activism, and listening to music at the beach.
Good morning, my name’s Luis, I’m a Biological Sciences major. I love good food, even better friends, and cold cup of boba (light ice, very light).
The Peer Advisors are available to present workshops to promote understanding of the Academic Integrity & Student Conduct processes! You can request a workshop on academic integrity and student conduct in general, specifically academic integrity, specifically student conduct, or specifically the Digital Milennium Copyright Act (pertaining to copyright infringement such as illegal file-sharing). You can request a Peer Advisor Workshop by emailing email@example.com.
In the past, Peer Advisors have presented to the following groups:
- Passport to Leadership
- Greek Life
- Student Housing
- The Hill (UCI Bookstore)
- Cross-Cultural Center
Peer Advisors play a key role in the academic integrity and student conduct processes! If you are interested in making a difference in the campus community, passionate about the values of community, integrity, and education, and looking to get great experience in communication and leadership, consider applying to be a Peer Advisor. Benefits of being a Peer Advisor include:
- Networking with campus partners
- Improving communication skills with students, faculty, and staff
- Mastering time management and adminstrative skills
- Gaining public speaking experience